Management of Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
The MOBHR field is broad and concerns all aspects of employment relationships. The field has a strong research emphasis and is designed to prepare highly motivated individuals for academic careers in organizational behaviour, human resource management, and industrial relations.
A major strength of this specialization is that students can draw on the diverse range of faculty interests at DeGroote to develop a research program that suits their own objectives.
Successful applicants typically have a master’s degree in one of these fields:
- Business administration
- Industrial relations / Labour studies
- B790 – Seminar on Management Theory
- B791 – Field Surveys: Organizational Behaviour and Organizational Theory
- B792 – Field Surveys: Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- B793 – Applied Multivariate Statistics
- B794 – Research Methods and Design
- B795 – Research Issues: Organizational Behaviour and Organizational Theory
- B796 – Research Issues: Human Resources and Industrial Relations
- B797 – Research Course I
- B798 – Research Course II
- Students may also be required to take additional courses depending on the strength of their background in the field. (The maximum of 12 required courses still applies.)