Accounting and Financial Management Services
The accounting and financial management services stream is designed to prepare students to be excellent accounting researchers and educators. It’s particularly suitable for people who plan to pursue an academic career at a university. Students are exposed to the techniques and issues of various research methods and designs.
Successful applicants typically have a master’s degree in one of these fields:
- Computer science
- Engineering and management
- B790 – Seminar on Management Theory
- Three accounting PhD courses:
- Five courses from the department of economics:
- Students may take up to three of the following courses for credit:
Students may also take any other courses which are approved by their supervisors and the area chair.
An overall maximum of 12 courses can be taken for credit.