Health Policy and Management
The Health Policy and Management specialization emphasizes both research and the application of management and evaluation techniques. It’s designed to produce highly motivated and capable researchers and practitioners. It prepares students to undertake and disseminate original research and to make significant advances in the field.
It aims to attract applicants who wish to pursue specialized careers in academia or senior-level management positions within the health care industry.
This field of study offers both full and part-time options.
- B790 – Seminar on Management Theory
- Six PhD Health Management courses:
- B793 – Applied Multivariate Statistics
- B794 – Research Methods and Design
- C780 – Mixed Methods Research
- C711 / C781 – Health Economics and Evaluation
- C721 / C782 – Health Policy Analysis
- C783 – Research Issues in Health Management
- One MBA Health Management course, chosen from:
- C715 – Health Care Funding and Resource Allocation
- C722 – Management of Population Health
- C725 – Managing Communications in Health Care
- C736 – Quality Management in Health Services
- C741 – Health Care Marketing
- C750 – Legal and Ethical Issues in Health Care
- Or a graduate level course from another department approved by your supervisor and the area chair.