Fees and Funding
The DeGroote School of Business guarantees each full-time student a minimum of $34,000 of funding per year in scholarships, teaching assistantship and research assistantship positions for four years in the program. Top ranked candidates are granted additional funding through tuition bursaries and entrance scholarships. Many PhD students from DeGroote have also secured generous government scholarships from the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (NSERC) and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) as well as earning Ontario Graduate Scholarships (OGS).
Tuition fees for the 2023/24 academic year:
- Full-time Canadian and international students: $2,102.40 per term or $6,307.20 per year.
Students in our program can also take advantage of the following:
- $4,000 for travel expenses related to attending conferences (e.g. presenting papers, job market, etc.) provided by the Dean’s Office over the duration of the program.
- $1,000 for expenses arising from developing and writing a thesis (e.g. data collection, specialized software, survey compensation for participants, etc.) over the duration of the program.
- A dedicated study space (cubicle) in a secure room with their PhD colleagues.
- A computer, paid for by the department to use for the duration of the program.
- Required software for course work paid for by the department.