Successful applicants to the PhD program must meet these application requirements. These are minimum standards and cannot be waived. Meeting them does not guarantee admission.
- Successful completion of a master’s degree with at least a B+ average (or equivalent).
- You can still be considered if you are in the final stages of your master’s program. If your application is successful, you’ll be admitted on the condition you complete your master’s degree before registering in the PhD program.
- See the fields of study pages for examples of degrees which successful applicants have held in the past.
- A GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 600.
- A comparable GRE (Graduate Records Exam) score is also acceptable with a minimum 80% quantitative reasoning score. Please see our preliminary application form for more information.
- GRE and TOEFL tests are administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS). The GMAT test is administered by MBA.com.
- GMAT and GRE test scores are valid for 5 years.
- English Language Proficiency
- You must provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test to prove you are proficient in the English language. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for 2 years from the test date. You may click here to review the minimum required test scores.
- You are exempt from this requirement if you completed a university degree at an institution where English was the language of instruction.
- If the university is outside North America, include a letter from the institution confirming the language of instruction when you submit your application.
- Applicants who attended a university in North America may be asked to provide proof of English Language Proficiency if we are unable to confirm the university’s language of instruction or if we find that the university has more than one language of instruction.
The application process is very competitive. In the past, successful applicants have exceeded these standards.
The admission committee reviews each person’s application in its entirety.
Application Fee Note: The formal application fee is mandatory. The funds collected make it possible for our office to process the applications which are submitted. No waivers can be applied.