Everyone applying to the PhD program must fulfill the following requirements. These are minimum standards and meeting them doesn’t guarantee admission.
These requirements cannot be waived.
- Successful completion of a master’s degree with at least a B+ grade point average (or the equivalent).
- The field of study pages list some of the degrees that successful applicants have held in the past.
- If you are in the final stages of a master’s degree you can still be considered. If your application is successful you’ll be granted admission on the condition that you complete your master’s degree before registering in the PhD program.
- A GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) score of at least 600.
- A comparable GRE (Graduate Records Exam) score is also acceptable with a minimum 80% below required in the quantitative score. Please see our preliminary application form for more information.
- If your native language is not English you must provide a TOEFL or IELTS score with your application.
- You are exempt from this requirement if you have completed a university degree at an institution where English was the language of instruction. For universities outside of North America, a letter from your university confirming the language of instruction should be included with your transcript.
- TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
- Information about expected scores on language tests
The application process is very competitive and, in the past, successful applicants have exceeded these standards. The admission committee reviews each person’s application in its entirety.
GRE and TOEFL tests are administered by Educational Testing Services (ETS). Detailed information can be found on their website.
The GMAT test is administered by MBA.com.
NOTE: The formal application fee is mandatory for all applicants. This enables our program office to process the applications that come in. No waiver can be applied.